KMTI Table Talk - Larry Masco and Tom Dozier discuss the basics of positive parenting advocated by the late Glenn Latham.
Part 1: April 18, 2011
Topics for part 1.
- Why children behave the way they do
- Behavior principles
- Common mistakes parents make
- Parenting styles
- New challenges in today's society for parents
Part 2: April 25, 2011
Topics for part 2.
- What to do about bad behavior
- What to do with good behavior
- Parental coping skills in intense situations
- Use of incentives
- Verbal skills and responses for parents
- Creating the Positive Home Environment
Part 3: May 2, 2011
Topics for part 3.
- How much do children learn from modeled behavior
- Neglectful parents and the consequence on children
- Indulgent parents and the consequence on children
- Instituting accountability in the home at various age levels
- How to accomplish quality family time
- Raising faithful children